Ark: please add context for accelerator keys in part.cpp

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Sat May 14 21:28:46 UTC 2016

> Hi developers,
>
> this forwarded mail is apparently about these translation messages:
>
> "@action:inmenu", "Add &Comment"
> "@action:inmenu", "Edit &Comment"

Hi

> in KF5 version of ark.po I found two strings that might confuse the
> translators, They are located at:
>
> #: part/part.cpp:460
>
> and contain accelerator key &C. At first I thought this might be a bug
> preventing user to use one of the options, but looking at the code it looks
> that they are exclusive.
>
> Can a context be added so the translators will know that one is active if
> archive has comment and other when the archive has no comment?

Not sure how to handle this, since both actions already have
"@action:inmenu" as context.
Should we replace that context with something like this?

m_editCommentAction->setText(m_model->archive()->hasComment() ?
i18nc("mutually exclusive with Add &Comment", "Edit &Comment"),
i18nc("mutually exclusive with Edit &Comment", "Add &Comment"));

Possible alternative:

m_editCommentAction->setText(i18nc("%1 is either Add or Edit", "%1
&Comment", m_model->archive()->hasComment() ? i18n("Edit") :
i18n("Add")));

Which one would you prefer?

> Thanks and best regards,
> Andrej Mernik