[Maniphest] [Commented On] T1769: Drop the status bar

tillschafer (Till Schäfer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 7 11:17:36 UTC 2016

tillschafer added a comment.

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/T1769#21689, @tillschafer wrote:
  >
  >> A second thought: Are there blocking actions shown in the progress bar? In this case the main window should also indicate that something is done and in the best case give the possibility to cancel the blocking action.
  >

  > You mean actions that block the UI? There are, but they also can be stopped only from the progress bar in the system tray's notification (this is similar to how Dolphin hanldes KJobs, btw).

  Yes, I thought, that is might be a bit cumbersome to find the right background job that is associated with the gui blocker if one has more than a single job running. E.g. if i pressed unpack and i got aware that i have chosen the wrong destination folder i need to find the right job in the tray instead of just hitting cancel in the area where i do my actual work.
  However, consistency across the application is also beneficial.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T1769

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: elvisangelaccio, tillschafer