[Differential] [Updated] D3573: Implement search function

elvisangelaccio (Elvis Angelaccio) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 3 11:06:13 UTC 2016

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Let's also involve the VDG in the review, please add screenshots for them.

  Comments from my side:

  - A case-sensitive button like in Kate would be good, but can be done in the next iteration. Same for the green/red color that Kate uses for the search line edit.
  - Given that the line edit has the "Type to search..." hint (which is good, neither dolphin nor kate has it!), I think that the `Find:` label is redundant and can be dropped.
  - I never noticed that both Dolphin and Kate have the close button on the left of the search bar, I find it odd. What does the VDG think? Should we put the close button on the left or on the right?
  - I don't think the ESC key is a big deal, but if it's easy to replicate the Kate behavior then we could do it.

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3573