Contribute to kcalc

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 22 18:41:05 UTC 2014

Sayan Biswas <techsayan01 at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Raphael,
>
> I am Sayan Biswas, studying in National Institude of Technology, Durgapur,
> with Information Technology. I am looking forward to get involved with KDE
> and contribute to it as much as possible. I am familiar with C++ and little
> knowledge on Qt/KDE. I was browsing through some of the KDE apps and kcalc
> caught my attention. I was thinking of adding the following feature to it.
>
> At present, the app does not support matrix calculations. So it would be
> better to have that feature implemented. If it is feasible, I would like to
> implement it. Can you please look into my idea when you have the time and
> guide me through the process?

Hi, Sayan,

It's awesome that you're interested in working on KDE! I'm not sure how
familiar you are with our processes for contributing code, so before
anything else please make sure you take a look at techbase.kde.org,
particularly https://techbase.kde.org/Contribute -- regardless of the
exact feature you want to work on, the best thing to do is usually to
look at the code, get familiar with the code base and then think of how
you would implement whatever you want in there.

As for your specific question about KCalc and matrix calculations: I
don't work on KCalc myself, so I'm CC'ing the kde-utils-devel mailing
list and Evan, who's the KCalc maintainer, so you can get a proper
response for it.