Git migration, take 2

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:54:14 CET 2011

Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com> writes:

> Evan Teran <eteran at alum.rit.edu> writes:
>
>> Looks great, quick question. At what point should I no longer use the
>> SVN and start using the GIT for changes?
>
> At some point (hopefully soon :), I will file a sysadmin bug report
> requesting that kdeutils be migrated to git. We will then set a date for
> the migration, and I will announce it here (and maybe in
> kde-core-devel).
>
> The SVN repository will be frozen for commits to kdeutils in the day of
> the migration, and shortly before or after the migration is completed
> the CMakeLists.txt of each application will be adjusted so that they
> build without the top-level CMakeLists.txt in kdeutils, as it will not
> exist anymore.

By the way, all this will happen only after 4.6.2, as its tagging is
very close and the sysadmin/release team already have enough problems
with other modules :)

For the scheduled release dates, see
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Release_Schedule

So it'd be nice to do this after 4.6.2 and before 4.6.3.