Git migration, take 2

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 19:39:12 UTC 2011

Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com> writes:

>> The projects have been created on git, and I should do the initial
>> pushes in the next few days (I'd do that tomorrow if I weren't going to
>> be stuck on a plane for most of the day).
>>
>> Please consider holding big commits for a few days so I need not run the
>> conversions again.
>
> I have svn lock'ed all the files in trunk/KDE/kdeutils and
> branches/KDE/4.7/kdeutils.
>
> If you are subscribed to the release-team mailing list, you have
> probably seen that some concerns were raised about building all the
> applications as a whole, but I think this should be solved pretty soon
> (we don't have any inter-app dependencies, for example).

Alright, I think the migration has been completed (99% of it at least).

 * SVN now only holds MOVED_TO_GIT files which point to the git
   repositories.
 * There is a git repository for each application (ark, filelight,
   kcalc, kcharselect, kdf, kfloppy, kgpg, kremotecontrol, ktimer,
   kwallet, printer-applet, superkaramba, sweeper).
 * I have a created a scratch git repository [1] with the files which
   used to be in the top-level kdeutils directory (such as Mainpage.dox
   and CMakeLists.txt). Until other people in release-team decide where
   to put this stuff, you can get it from here if you still want to
   build everything as a single module.
 * The 4.7 branch in SVN has also been replaced by a MOVED_TO_GIT file,
   so please commit changes to the 4.7 branch in git.
 * The ReviewBoard groups for each application should be created soon,
   and they all point to this mailing list.

Please give the repositories a try and check everything works fine.

[1] $ git clone kde:scratch/rkcosta/kdeutils-toplevel