Lost kwallet file! Bug?

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Nov 30 15:04:18 CET 2010

Hi Alaios,

2010/11/30 Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com>

> Hello everyone. I opened my kde kwalletmanager last night but unfortunately
> one of my two wallets was not there.
>
> I checked and only one of the two *.kwl files are there . It seems that
> kwalletmanger removed this file (might be a bug?)
>
> Is there any kwalletmanager logfile to see what was the problem?
>
> I am 99% that never erased this wallet (it was storing bank accounts so no
> motivation to do this). Then only think that I can blame is that I have left
> my wallet on and then pressed shut computer down (usking kde)

To be honest I'm a bit puzzled. This definitely shouldn't happen, not even
if you switch off the PC while the wallet is opened or written back to disk.
Unfortunately I've also never heard about others having similar problems -
at least not since some bugs in the underlying libraries (KSaveFile). Which
version of KDE are you using?

Regards,
Michael