Status of the svn2git rules for kdeutils

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 05:02:05 CET 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 00:43:10 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Hello there, Johannes,
>
> Looking at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MovetoGit#Write_.2F_update_importing_rule
> s_for_svn2git, I see that you're responsible for writing the git conversion
> rules for kdeutils, and the progress is at 95%.
>
> I'm glad to hear that, as I was planning on doing that myself someday, but
> "someday" would probably mean "a distant future at a very slow pace" :)
>
> Can you please inform us (kdeutils guys) whether you're still waiting for
> information from coolo/dirk and if there's anything we can do to help with
> the migration?
>
> Cheers,
> Raphael (Ark maintainer)

I've talked to jobermayr on IRC and asked him to answer this mail a couple of
times.

The last update I got from him is that there is
http://gitorious.org/jobermayr/kdeutils and he is stuck waiting for Dirk or
Coolo to provide him some data from early CVS branches.

Johannes, I could not find the ruleset you used to produce that repository,
and I remember dfaure told you that you could try to talk to the sysadmins
about this missing data. Can you please upload your the rules you have used to
the kde-ruleset repository on git.kde.org, so that I can work on that too?

Raphael