Utils documentation

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 20:10:25 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 July 2010 13:43:10 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi kde-utils-devel,
>

> ckecking the utils documentation which is in general in a good state I

noticed some issue:

> * ark needs an update
> This documentation has a
useless/boring command reference, any information
> there is either well
known to a kde user like settings + help menu or
> mentioned in other part
of the documentation.
> So I'd like to remove the command reference in the
update, any objections?
> Any hints waht is missing/wrong in the doc or
should be added.

Even though I've been involved with Ark for a few release
cycles, I've never touched its documentation besides updating its man page.
So feel free to do whatever sounds reasonable to you, as you certainly know
better than anyone else what to do in this regard ;)

> * superkaramba, is
this dead code?
> Beside krazy fixes by dakon 7 month agom and you usual
scripty commits I
> see "real" commit since 2 or 3 years. Does it really
make sense to have
> apparently dead code lying around, whose functionality
is afaik already in
> plasma?

I don't remember if the last discussion about
removing superkaramba was in this mailing list or in kde-{core-}devel, IIRC
it ended up staying because people might still be using it (when they use
KDE apps outside a KDE workspace, for example), but I might be completely
wrong. IMHO, there's not much reason to keep it in trunk.