Migrating to git

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Fri Dec 17 10:01:29 CET 2010

Am 15.12.2010 04:07, schrieb Raphael Kubo da Costa:
> (Long message ahead)
>
> Hey there,
>
> #### What has been done so far ####
>
> As you might have noticed, I've recently started working on the
> conversion rules in preparation for moving kdeutils from SVN to git. I
> have started from scratch, as Johannes Obermayr did not answer any of
> those mails I sent him and CC'ed this list.

Great! I'll check kwalletmanager's history asap.

> We (the kdeutils team) need to decide whether we want to keep a single
> repository (and history) for the whole module, or if we prefer to go
> with a split layout. In a few words, keeping a single history means
> there will be a "kdeutils" repository on git, and everyone will push
> to the same repository in a similar way to what is currently done, and
> choosing a split layout means the "kdeutils" module will only exist
> virtually in KDE's git repository, as there is actually going to be a
> single repository for Ark, a single one for KGpg, a single one for
> KRemoteControl, so on so forth.

I'd go with a split layout as well. If there are no interdependencies
(there are none for kwalletmanager) I don't see a big benefit for
kdeutils to keep all apps together in a single repository. My preference
isn't that strong though - if there are any objections I wouldn't mind a
joint layout either.

Regards,
Michael