kdeutils svn2git

Michael Zanetti mzanetti at kde.org
Sun Dec 12 19:53:28 CET 2010

On Sunday 12 December 2010 19:15:48 Niko Sams wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 18:49, Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > At Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:46:06 +0100,
> > If this is still up to discussion, then the rest of the kdeutils team
> > needs to be consulted -- I'm pretty sure they didn't even know I had
> > started writing the conversion rules ;)

Correct :)

> There has been made no real decision, only lots of discussions. Afaik
> the decision
> has to be made by every module, as the situation is much different for
> eg. koffice
> and kdeedu.
>
> >> Are there any inter module dependencies, if yes - which?
> >
> > Nope, I don't think any module depends on any other one (Ark has a
> > cmake file in the cmake/ directory, but that's all).
>
> In that case *I* would go the split way. However kdeutils devels have
> to decide that.

To be honest I don't have enough experience with git yet to be able to see all
pros and cons right know. So I would suggest following what the majority of
KDE does to keep consistency.

Anyways, from a technical POV, I can confirm that at least KRemoteControl does
not depend on anything else in kdeutils (except the include to kdeutils-
version.h). So from my side its ok either way.

Cheers,
Michael