Can we live with older shared-mime-info

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Aug 22 13:07:23 CEST 2010

Hi Eike,

Dimanche, le 22 août 2010, à 10:23, Rolf Eike Beer a écrit:
> I tried to build kdeutils in scratchbox to run it on the N900. This would
> only work if I comment out okteta as this requires a too new
> shared-mime-info package (0.40 vs 0.30). Is there a way that we could live
> with the older one e.g. with reduced functionality?

IIRC 0.40 was needed for the  <generic-icon name="name-different-from-
mimetype"/>, so that one can reuse existing icons and does not need an own.
Ah, yes, even is mentioned at top of CMakeLists.txt.

Could you try to do a patch to make shared-mime-info not REQUIRED and just
skip the mimetypes if it is older than 0.40?

The same problem should also exist with
kdebase/runtime/kioslave/network/mimetypes...

Cheers
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta