Upcoming "disable" of KGpg

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sat May 2 17:08:52 CEST 2009

Hi all,

during the last days I ported KGpg to the new systray framework. Not only can
KGpg now make use of new features, the code to handle all those stuff now
became much more logical anyway. It's not commited at the moment as I need to
sort out some minor issues first, but I thought about warning you.

Since the library needed for those stuff is in
trunk/extragear/lib/libknotificationitem I can not expect everybody to have
it around. On the other side I heared rumors about KWalletManager being
ported to the same framework. I added a hack to search for that lib
(currently only in the default paths and ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib) and
only build KGpg if that lib is found. I expect those lib do be packaged for
4.3 by distros anyway since there would be more programs using it. And I hope
that we will get a proper CMake module until this time.

So if you would like to get a recent KGpg (you should *g*) and it's not in
your build tree anymore grab libknotificationitem from extragear first and it
will be there again.

Eike