Webpages for kdelirc

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat May 2 14:35:54 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

I haven't yet managed to get the ir-interface of my computer going, to also
try myself the core functionality of kdelirc (and use it for my next
presentation :) ). But given the feedback I have seen I expect kdelirc to
make a happy return to kdeutils next monday (just in time for the first beta
snapshot). And given the registered search hits for it I get on my blog (1-4
per day, more than for Okteta, bah ;) ) due to the recent entry about kdelirc
coming to KDE 4 there seem quite some people waiting for it :)

Thus I started to prepare the default webpages for kdelirc on utils.kde.org,
see:
	http://utils.kde.org/projects/kdelirc/index.php
	http://utils.kde.org/projects/kdelirc/documentation.php
	http://utils.kde.org/projects/kdelirc/development.php
	http://utils.kde.org/projects/kdelirc/contact.php
Of course not yet in the left-hand-side menu, due to being inofficial. And
some links (e.g. to sources) will only work, once kdelirc has moved to
kdeutils and all dependent services are updated, but one should get the idea.

The content of the last three pages is created almost automatically, just
needs some proper info updates on a new version in a central file, so
maintenance needs are low (see
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/utils/projects/kdelirc/ ).

Now I am looking for some better content for the starting page (index.php),
like a more matching text (I just copied some text from the manual) and a
teaser screenshot. If you (or someone else) find some time to work on this,
please do and send the result to me, so I can upload it. Or any additional
pages you would like to have.
And if you don't mind please add http://utils.kde.org/projects/kdelirc to the
KAboutData of irkick and kcmlirc as homepage.

BTW, I also welcome teaser screenshots (and an updated info text) for the
homepages of the other programs which haven't one yet :) Send them to me and
I will update the pages (as commit access is restricted by the admins).

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta