ark documentation and extraction issues

Harald Hvaal haraldhv at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Jan 23 13:15:41 CET 2009

On Monday 12. January 2009 18.55.28 Burkhard Lück wrote:

> In menu Action->Extract... (Ctrl+E) I have an item "Quick extract to...",
> but this is always disabled. How to enable it? What does it do?
> Only Ctrl+E or click on Extract in the toolbar opens the Extract dialog.
This is actually a mistake from me, I never figured out to add a caption to a
submenu. the "Quick extract to..." is not a real action, and using it as a
submenu caption is actually wrong.

And the extract in the menu is also a bug, it is how I can have the normal
extract button to extract, but also a submenu that allows you to quick extract
to folders from the toolbar. I later discovered that doing this actually
stopped the extract action in the menu from working correctly.

> The additional menu items in this submenu are from [DirSelect Dialog]
> Histrory Items in .kde/share/config?
Correct, these are the previously accessed directories, and you can select to
quick extract into any of them.

--
Harald Hvaal
haraldhv at stud.ntnu.no