ark documentation and extraction issues

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Jan 22 21:41:19 CET 2009

Am Montag 12 Januar 2009 10:55:28 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> Hi,
>
> trunk kdelibs/kdeutils from 20090106
>
> In the ark documentation I read:
> <sect1 id="ark-work-files">
> <title>Working with Files</title> says:
> <guimenuitem>Preview</guimenuitem> will open the file in the integrated
> viewer.
>
> The <guimenu>Action</guimenu> Menu says:
> <guimenuitem>Preview</guimenuitem>
> <action>Opens the currently selected file in the associated viewer
> program.
>
> What is correct, integrated or associated viewer?

Playing with ark and reading the konsole output I see:

Opening an archive with *.jpg's
KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for
mimeType  "image/jpeg" ,  "KParts/ReadOnlyPart"  : returning  3  offers
ark(10920)/kdecore (trader) KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for
mimeType  "image/jpeg" ,  "KParts/ReadOnlyPart"  : returning  3  offers
ark(10920)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde4Factory: The
library "/home/kdedev/kdedev/lib/kde4/gvpart.so" does not offer a
qt_plugin_instance function.
ark(10920)/kparts KParts::Part::~Part: deleting widget
Gwenview::DocumentView(0x842c4d8)   ""

And opening an an archive with *.pdf's
KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for
mimeType  "application/pdf" ,  "okular/Generator"  : returning  1  offers

So associated viewer seems to be correct?

> In menu Action->Extract... (Ctrl+E) I have an item "Quick extract to...",
> but this is always disabled. How to enable it? What does it do?
> Only Ctrl+E or click on Extract in the toolbar opens the Extract dialog.
>
> The additional menu items in this submenu are from [DirSelect Dialog]
> Histrory Items in .kde/share/config?

Hmm, I think now I understand this:
It should work like the submenu File -> Open Recent, but then it is wrong
implemented.

How to change it:
Add a menuitem Extract with shortcut Ctrl+E to the Actions menu, the
corresponding action is already implemented (and the action is already in the
toolbar).
Add "Quick extract to >" to the  Actions menu, "Quick extract to ..." has to
be changed to "Quick extract to >", because it's a submenu.
This item is enabled only when  [DirSelect Dialog] History Items
in .kde/share/config is not empty or missing.
If there are any History items, they should appear here.

--
Burkhard Lück