KDE4Powersave

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri May 30 18:32:03 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, um 07:18 Uhr, schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > "suspend to disk/ram" is not as well understood as "hibernate" and
> > "suspend"
>
> Hu? I always confuse this two while "suspend to x" is absolutely obvious.
>
> Just my 2 cents.

The same 2 cents from me.
So far all plain users I explained this to had no problem, either. While they
also did not see any difference with Hibernate and Suspend. Most even do not
use it, as they do not know about it=fear it or have bad experiences ("I put
it to Hibernate, but when I returned to it two days later everything was
gone."). The difference between working memory (needs power supply) and
storage memory (doesn't need power supply) is easy and well understood IMH
experience. Let's not hide this fact behind hardly defined and unexplained
terms but use it instead!

Cheers
Friedrich