Eliminating qt3support from kwalletmanager

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Sun May 4 21:14:13 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, 4. Mai 2008 20:43:41 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> > I was wondering if porting kwalletmanager from qt3support to "real" Qt4
> > classes was still possible for 4.1 or if that's already a no-go due to
> > the feature freeze. Quite some bugs are related to that and we might gain
> I would consider porting to Qt4/KDE4 not a feature. Especially if it can
> also be counted as bug removing as you say. Also finishing the 3->4 porting
> is one just-not-explicitly-written plan for any release.
> So, as long as we are not in _hard_ feature freeze there should nothing
> stop you from starting plain ports.
> Read as: Okay from the module coordinator, go ahead please. :)

Well, I decided to to already :) However I'm only concentrating on the parts
that will help eliminate bugs. The rest will follow but isn't top priority as
I hope we can rewrite the gui to be a little more shiny (4.2).

I was wondering on how to continue. I've been submitting some of my patches to
kde-core-devel but I'm not sure who will review them as noone might really
feel responsible for those little unmaintained kdeutils gems (I guess the
usual path would having the maintainer review the patch).

When do you think would be the right time for applying for one of those svn
accounts? I feel that having someone look over my shoulder would be best at
the beginning as I'm just starting out with Qt/KDE development so I think
submitting patches is ok if I have someone I can bug to look at them :)

Regards,
Michael