klaptopdaemon

Thomas Gillespie tomjamesgillespie at googlemail.com
Thu May 1 01:42:45 CEST 2008

Quick status update on klaptopdaemon.

I emailed Danny Kukawka, he said he was porting to kde4 but not solid
atm. After a short discussion I got the impression that he works alone. I
don't know about anyone else, but not using solid seems like a bit of a
wasted oppertunity, so heres my (partially implemented) plan.

I'm taking the gui stuff from kpowersave, giving the ui files to qdesigner
and tweaking to make them qt4. I'm then going to write the code around
those, which I've started and progressed quite far, stealing bits from
kpowersave if needed. There are a few things that I cant find suitable
solid replacements for, such as the autodim, dpms etc.... but maybe I
could get in touch with the solid team about that. Anyway, I've dumped
my very very very initial codebase in playground/utils/kde4powersave/ if
anyone wants a look. Some things work, such as the suspend buttons
and CPU frequency buttons in the context menu, and the
settings/schemes saving code is there, they just dont do much atm.
Suggestions, or even patches, are more than welcome.

Thanks

Tom