kwallet kdelibs progress

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Thu Jun 12 23:24:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to give a quick status update on kwallet.

I recently started a temporary branch for the backend part at:
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kdelibs-kwallet

Sascha and me decided we'd work on the backend to integrate with qca. I
checked qca and already worked on it a little bit to make sure we have
everything we need in. I also started cleaning up the kdelibs/kwallet/backend
code so stuff that's not actually being used is stripped out before the
migration starts.

I also tried to contact the gnome-keyring developers to discuss if they'd be
interested in building a common xdg specification for wallet/keyring
services. Unfortunately they are either on holiday, not interested or just
plainly ignoring me right now. :-(

Regards,
Michael