And gone again, to /trunk/www/sites/utils (was: Re: playground/www)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 21:22:47 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Am Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008, um 14:05 Uhr, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> SVN commit 829408 by kossebau:
>
> Draft for the site utils.kde.org
>
> Should be usable as-is already to put it online.
>
> I concentrated on projects/okteta to give an example
> what data and how should be presented IMHO.
> For the other projects I added just some basic data as available
> from the KAboutData and the abstract in the manual.
> Everybody is encouraged to improve the pages {index,faq,features}.php
> for the other projects. While this site draft stays in playground,
> everybody with general commit rights can do, so please do not hesitate :)
>
> Screenshots are still missing, can be added later, should go to the feature
> page.
>
> Please see utils/README how to setup this site @home.

Beware:
	/trunk/playground/www/sites/utils
is already no longer, it just moved to
	/trunk/www/sites/utils

Request for utils.kde.org is in the process, soon there should be a webhome
for all kdeutils programs finally, so rejoice (if this makes you happy ;)
(Besides printer-applet, which has a home at launchpad.net already, so the
link on utils.kde.org will just points there).

Writing rights below /trunk/www/ are restricted in general, but I just got
them, as I declared myself as webmaster for the time being*.
So if you have patches for the pages, screenshots etc., please send them to
me, so I can put them up.

Those projects that are interested to expand their web presentation (I
remember the SuperKaramba people to be interested) should not hesitate to get
in contact, too. :)

* I will be glad to share or lateron even handover this job.

As soon as utils.kde.org is up and running I will tell you. It will be time
then to update the KAboutData about the link to the new homepage, just in
time for the release.

It should be http://utils.kde.org/projects/$program

Q: Why the "projects" dir prefix?
A: It should do some namespacing, to avoid name clashes (a utility named
screenshots or icons is not totally out of possibility). Cmp.
	http://extragear.kde.org/apps/gwenview/ and
	http://games.kde.org/game.php?game=konquest
And "projects", because there could be some libs in kdeutils,
so "apps", "programs" or "utils" would break semantics.

Convinced? Better ideas?

Cheers
Friedrich

--
Okteta - KDE Hex Editor, coming to you with KDE 4.1 (and soon with a homepage)