power manager in 4.2

Guillaume Pothier gpothier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:18:07 CEST 2008

I started having a look at PowerDevil. I had to patch it a little bit
to compile, and I also made a few changes to the way the profiles are
saved. More specifically, before this patch you have to press the
apply button before switching to another profile, otherwise your
changes are lost. With this patch the changes aren't lost anymore when
you switch profiles, however the changes to a profile are committed
whenever you switch profiles, which is not the desired behavior either
(pressing cancel doesn't behave as expected).
So the patch also fixes a compilation problem but I'm not convinced
it's the right way to do it... could somebody review the change to
PowerDevilDaemon.cpp and tell me how to do it correctly?