power manager in 4.2

Thomas Gillespie tomjamesgillespie at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:30:45 CEST 2008

Hi all

I developed kde4powersave, and then was contacted by Dario Freddi, who ported
the code to a kded daemon and kcm etc... and i volunteered to do the plasmoid.
However, my laptop died just before i started developing this (broken
backlamp, ironic for someone working on brightness controls XD ), so for me
development of power management based stuff is on hold until Pc World stop
being a**es (my desktop has basically nothing in the way of power saving). If
anyone else fancies working on the plasmoid (maybe dataengine as well, i dunno
if dario started on that) then they are perfectly welcome to. A start may be
to look at the battery plasmoid in the current plasma and just add some bits
and bobs. Sorry I can't be much more help, I'll be glad to join in development
again when my laptop is better :-)

Tom