kcalc documentation update

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Aug 6 18:58:51 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 11:50:20 pm Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Yes, that is correct. But I don't think you should put the '+' in the
> > documentation. These are key sequences, not multi-key commands. So you
> > press "Inv" and then "N", and not "Inv" and "N" at the same time (which
> > is what the + implies).
>
> I have now realized that "Inv" works like Caps Lock, in Inv mode there is
> an alternate button layout.
> So these tables for buttons in statistical and trigonometric mode as well
> as the "Single Key Accelerators" table have to be rewritten completly.

Why would it need to be rewritten? I see similarly formatted documentation in
real (plastic+silicon) calculator manuals.

> > This is the "Less Than" symbol (Qt::Key_Less), not an arrow. On a US 104
> > keyboard, this is Shift+Comma. This should be working. Unfortunately I am
> > not near my KDE4 box to double check this. If it doesn't work in KDE4,
> > then it's a bug and I will have to add it to the code.
>
> What I mean with missing "<" (less than) accellerator is:
> Press Ctrl and you see the ">" (greater than) on the "Rsh" key, but nothing
> on the "Lsh" key. But the "<" (less than) key works here as shift left, it
> is just not displayed.

This appears to be a Qt bug. The code in kcalc is correct. I wonder if the
problem Qt's string conversion, which sees '<' as an escapable character for
rich text. It works with any other key sequence. I'll file a bug with
Trolltech.

--
David Johnson