Tell me all of ktimer's secrets!

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Apr 30 12:24:48 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008, um 21:04 Uhr, schrieb A. L. Spehr:
> *g*
>
> I'm curious about being the ktimer maintainer.

You would be welcome to be.

> What sorts of things would I
> be doing in the short term? I don't know very much right now,

"very much" as in?

> but looking
> at the code, it looks tiny and is perhaps a good place to learn. Am I
> wrong? What should I know?

Hard to tell. I do not know of any secrets. I did not even know about KTimer
before becoming the module coordinator for KDE Utils recently. All I know is
public ;)

KTimer is not registered at bugs.kde.org, should be changed of course. A
search there yields close to no KTimer related bugs, too:
https://bugs.kde.org/simple_search.cgi?id=KTimer

So, how would you get into caring for KTimer? You would need to get yourself a
development setup* and start by sending patches to this list. For things to
patch you might look at EBN:
http://englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy2/reports/kde-4.x/kdeutils/ktimer/index.html
... to see that there are no issues, well...

A perfect program to become maintainer, no reported bugs, no automatically
found issues :)

So why would you like to become maintainer? What are your plans with KTimer?
Do you have bugs or issues you would like to fix?

* http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started

Cheers
Friedrich