klaptopdaemon

Thomas Gillespie tomjamesgillespie at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 23:42:08 CEST 2008

Hey,

> KPowerSave (and other KDE3 programs) should still run also inside
a KDE4
> based environment. Admitted, they won't be able to use Oxygen...

Yea, it makes them look ugly :-P

> An option might also be to take KPowerSave [KPS] and port that
from KDE3 to
> KDE4 (first, should be quite easy) and HAL to Solid (might be the
stress
> test for Solid).

I think kpowersave would be a better option than klaptopdaemon, it
seems more..... I don't know the word.... nice.

> You should best go  and ask it's author Danny Kukawka
(dkukawka<->suse.de)
> what his plans are. Perhaps you could join forces or even overtake
from
> him. For sure KDE Utils would be a good home for KPowerSave, too
:)

Yea I'd probably be best dropping danny an email, the qt4 port
shouldnt be that difficult I dont think (throw the ui files at qdesigner :)
), the solid port might be a bit more involved, but i suspect (and hope)
that it will be more a case of throwing out redundant code and
replacing it with cleaner solid code. Maybe we can improve solid as
we go ;)

Thanks

Tom