Fwd: Call for maintainers: kcharselect, kfloppy, ktimer, kwallet, sweeper, kregexpedit
Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
kossebau at kde.org
Mon Apr 21 23:54:22 CEST 2008
Just sent to kde-devel:
--- 8< ----
do you use any of the following programs and are interested to take care of
* kcharselect - select special characters from any fonts and put them into the
clipboard (applet variant still needs porting to plasma)
* kdessh - front end to ssh
* kfloppy - format a floppy disks with this program
* ktimer - execute programs after some time
* kwallet - KDE wallet management tool
* sweeper - cleans unwanted traces the user leaves on the system
The module kdeutils is getting a cleanup currently. The programs listed above
are working to great parts (superficially tested), are going to be part of
KDE 4.1, but are without a real maintainer. They got ported by our main
v3->v4 porters and some, but then noone really sees them as their baby, cares
for them and has a master plan how to make them even better*. Do you perhaps?
Then there is kregexpedit, waiting for someone in playground/utils to pick it
up again, as the person willing to do so before sadly has run out of time.
Won't be part of KDE 4.1 of course, but the luxury of being a program's
developer is that you can still compile and run it yourself and do so from
the bleeding edge all the time :)
If you are interested in taking over maintainership of one of these programs
please tell here, then subscribe to the kdeutils development mailinglist and
You are also invited to subscribe if you are just interested to follow
development in kdeutils in general.
* For KDE 4.1 you would be limited to make only existing features shiny, given
that the soft feature freeze set in yesterday. Yet this makes you familiar
with the code base, so for KDE 4.2 you can go crazy.
More information about the Kde-utils-devel