Fwd: To be removed unless you take over: klaptopdaemon, kdelirc, kmilo, ksim

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Apr 21 23:54:25 CEST 2008

Just sent to kde-devel:

--- 8< ----

Hi,

are you interested in taking over development of any of the following?

* klaptopdaemon - battery and power management, including KControl plugins
* kdelirc - frontend for the Linux Infrared Remote Control system
* kmilo - kded module to support various types of hardware input devices
* ksim - plugin based system monitor

The module kdeutils is getting a cleanup currently. The programs listed above
are not working or not compilable and without any maintainer/developer. They
got partially ported to KDE4, but then nobody has cared for them.

I suppose that ksim is obsoleted by solid+some plasmoids.
KDELirc and klaptopdaemon look like they should better end in Solid and
kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/.
kmilo might be a candidate for that, too?

As we are in soft feature freeze mode now you would have to restart
development in playground/utils and have a first chance for inclusion of the
program with preparations for KDE 4.2 again. Still you can make independent
releases in the meantime of course. Or move to extragear if you like.

I will move all the programs which will not find an active maintainer until
May 2nd to tags/unmaintained/4 otherwise.

If you are interested in taking over maintainership of one of these programs
please tell here, then subscribe to the kdeutils development mailinglist and
say hello:

You are also invited to subscribe if you are just interested to follow
development in kdeutils in general.

Cheers
Friedrich

<<