shared menus

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Fri May 22 18:14:47 CEST 2009

On Thursday 21 May 2009 21:37:13 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> (Actually you can't have help - at least, I don't think so, right
> now anyway - if app doesn't provide it, but of course now you have
> less incentive to ever not have a menu ;-). I wonder if this will
> lead to "optional" menus, as in, "show this stuff if a container
> wants a menu, but don't show a menu in this window".)

I just realized I like it :-) and it is already there. Just one
missing bit (hardcoded) -- "hide menubar" option does not apply for
shared menu.

Your thoughts?

Another issue -- creating "fake" menu, I think it is better and
better. We could add:
* close window
* all kind of help
* tools for container -- create preset, convert, etc.

And I am also thinking in case of shared menu if those items (the last
point) couldn't be added anyway. Why? Because normal menu is
accessible with LMB, while context menu with RMB -- so it is better
from a11y POV.

Cheers,