Summary of NWI -- taskbar grouping

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 21 18:47:34 CEST 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> Matthew, what does it mean:
>
> "[ ] group entries in containers"

It means you can't read my mind, and a better name would be appreciated :-).

I changed the option to "group similar windows in pop-up lists" and
added this to the wiki:

"A pop-up list would be e.g. the menu that appears when selecting a task
bar entry for a container or group."

So, for example (with task bar on top):
[Konqueror (2)] [TAI Container (4)]
                   Konqueror (2) >
                       Google - Konqueror
                       Projects/Usability/NWI - KDE TechBase - Konqueror
                   /home/user/dissertation.pdf - Okular
                   /home/user/milk-list.txt - KWrite

> "Saved containers have their own class name."
>
> This is unclear for me? I would rather say then when you save
> container as a preset, the class name and container title is saved as
> well.

Changed. Thanks.

> Now, you invented the class feature, I think:
> "( ) group applications only
>  ( ) group similar windows  { it will be explained later }"
>
> We can get rid of it and just say "group windows of the same class".
> It will work for SAI too, mixes won't be grouped unless explicit
> renaming by users, and grouping Konquerors together will be
> appreciated anyway (when grouping is on).
>
> So I think one option is enough.

Agreed, and changed.

--
Matthew
This is not a sig. I am too lazy to steal one, perhaps you could loan me