Decorators

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 21 18:04:37 CEST 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
>>> Hmm, so shared menu is not a global option but per decoration? In
>>> such case I opt (strongly :-D) for "it is required...".
>> While I agree in principle, I vote for deferring to Lubos on this
>> :-).
>
> I am thinking about problems in a future. If it is "required" I can
> post a _bug_ report for it, if it is "recommended" I can post a
> _wish_ report only. And I already know that it is likely I get the
> answer "nah, do your own deco". I am not fan of options but I think
> providing options is much more reasonable than creating hundreds of
> deco styles (themes, and so on) to put this or that detail in
> different place.
>
> Every deco should be prepared to handle shared menu.

Okay, you convince me. I need to re-write that section anyway (I realize
"push to parent" doesn't really work, it is the same as parent pulling
up from child and so is redundant). Remind me if I forget to make this
change also.

>> First... is it okay if you can change it per container? If yes,
>> then I think all I would change is to add:
>>
>> Desktop (root) window should...
>> (*) ...always shows menu in child window
>> ( ) ...always show menus at the top of the container
>> ( ) ...use the default setting for its container type
>
> Ok, done, I changed to checkboxes, because other containers use
> checkboxes too.

...except for desktop (root) is really a tri-state :-).

--
Matthew
This is not a sig. I am too lazy to steal one, perhaps you could loan me