Summary of NWI -- the page

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 20 21:36:56 CEST 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 20:01:19 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
>>> Set by user?
>> Yes, that was the idea.
>
> Then we should make some purpose of it. I.e. decide how we collapse
> windows. So far -- we check similarity by app initially launched. For
> that class set by user is not required.

Right and right. Purpose of "class" is (so far) deciding how to
collapse/group windows. Same class -> grouped. (Yes, "group" is a bit
confusing here, unfortunately it is the current terminology.) Default
class would be something to allow sane default grouping.

It's not necessary to ever set it, it will just help task grouping to do so.

>>> YES! I like it very much. Well, next to the choices there could
>>> be nice icons (self-explanatory) with illustration what FAI and
>>> so on means.
>> That too :-). (The alternative is put container type in a sub-menu
>> of the 'create container' menu item. So the proposal is to skip
>> this; you either must change it in dialog or get a default type,
>> probably same as the last type created.)
>
> I think your idea is much better. I would remove anything else, in
> this case submenu. "Create container", control dialog is shown, you
> can name your container, select a type, cancel, accept. It is really
> straightforward.

Agreed. Only advantage I see to submenu is maybe less mouse movement,
but I think the other advantages outweigh that :-). I just wanted your
opinion also.

--
Matthew
Use the --force, Luke -- Riccardo Iaconelli