Summary of NWI -- the page

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 20 20:01:19 CEST 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 May 2009 21:40:42 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I've been sort-of assuming we need to be able to name containers
>> (i.e. user-assigned caption).
>
> Yes, but this is not required, right?

Technically, no, but what do we name the containers otherwise? (Naming
desktops isn't required either, but is evidently useful in some cases.
Oh, look... naming desktops is just an instance of naming containers in
NWI. Yay!)

I fully expect that, for organizational purposes, I will do things like
name my GAI container "photo indexing". Makes things easier to find in
task lists. (This would be particularly useful for saving layouts, I
would guess.)

>> Maybe there should be a class also;
>
> Set by user?

Yes, that was the idea.

>> Is putting [choice of container] in the "confirm" dialog [when
>> creating a container] okay? It should be the same number of clicks
>> (maybe more mousing, though) and lets you change your mind any time
>> before confirming.
>
> YES! I like it very much. Well, next to the choices there could be
> nice icons (self-explanatory) with illustration what FAI and so on
> means.

That too :-). (The alternative is put container type in a sub-menu of
the 'create container' menu item. So the proposal is to skip this; you
either must change it in dialog or get a default type, probably same as
the last type created.)

--
Matthew
Use the --force, Luke -- Riccardo Iaconelli