RFC: spammer policy

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:11:05 CET 2009

Matthew,

Thanks for the response!

On Thursday 05 March 2009 01:19 pm, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Randy Kramer wrote:
> > On a yahoo mail list that I run, I have things set up (yahoo
features
> > support this) so:
> >    * only members can post to the list
> >    * members posts to the list are moderated until I decide to allow
> > them to post unmoderated
>
> I would prefer this, but I don't know if it is possible with KDE's
> setup. (Anyway, Datschge would have to address that, as he's the list
> owner.)
> Presumably sending mail to the list owner still works.

Duh, yeah, of course ;-)

> I wouldn't know, but my guess is the mail just never shows up. (I
would
> hope most people are smart enough to ask the list owner when this is
> happening, however.)

If I were the list owner, and got many such (false) inquiries, I'd be
unhappy ;-)

> Spammer subscribes to list. Spammer happily harvests e-mail addresses
> from the inbound mail.

Duh, again.  ;-)

> That said, Datschge informed me that the existing policy is
blacklisting
> without banning from subscribing. I suppose I'll just continue that.

At least until a problem becomes obvious (or obviously worse).

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.