RFC: spammer policy

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 5 18:31:57 CET 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> On Thursday 05 March 2009 17:21:29 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> This is the strongest protection (and hopefully translates to least
>> work for the moderators) but risks blacklisting legitimate
>> addresses that have been spoofed. On the other hand, most spam
>> doesn't re-use addresses, so the effectiveness is questionable.
>
> I see big disadvantage somewhere else -- you have to deal with
> spammers manually when they do automatic job. Not wise.

Right now we have to do a manual job. I don't think there is a way
around that other than changing the list system.

> [snip suggestion]
> Of course any mail not meeting such requirement would be deleted
> without even notifying us.

I don't know if that's possible.

I'd like to stick to the original question; any objection to my
implementing a policy that any spam I moderate results in the sender
address being blacklisted (from both sending and subscribing)?

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" -- Monty Python