WM: grouping applications (TAI)

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Tue Mar 3 20:06:00 CET 2009

TAI/GAI reactivation ;-)

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 18:11:54 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> > I am waiting with discussion about TAI until we are done with
> > GAI. TAI is more difficult to design than GAI, mixed GAI/TAI is
> > even more complex and such design is prone to cumulative errors.
>
> Although I admit I don't see the difficulty... same title bar
> problem, but tab titles are easy (titlebar becomes tab, basically),
> and you only have to worry about one menu at a time...

Well, honestly speaking I see more concerns than solutions :-)

So maybe we start slowly -- with GAI it was easy for me to grasp idea
about task switching, arrangement, etc. because all that is already
there, only not fully automatic.

So I ask you this:
a) let's say you already have organized TAI, something similar to
Konq. TDI but each tab is distinct app, no other app is running -- is
task switching is possible via the same alt+tab as usual? Or should
switching within tab should be distinct from "normal" task switching?

b) can GAI container can be put (I ignore for the moment _how_) into
TAI?

c) can TAI container can be put into GAI?

Cheers,

PS. All I can say for the time that passed, that I miss GAI for
sure ;-)