Fwd: Adding "group/split" button to the decoration

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Thu Jul 9 09:18:40 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 23:58:44 Diego Moya wrote:

> > Hmm. Okay, don't know if we thought about maximize/minimize
> > before. Not sure how to manage it for minimize in GAI, but for
> > maximize I think it makes sense to make it sort of ZUI; maximize
> > child makes it fill the containers (maybe with option that it
> > should maximize container also, if not), restore obviously undoes
> > that.
>
> Window in a container: maximize -> application covers all the group
> rectangle.

I am not sure about that.
a) TAI -- easy, not min/max
b) FAI -- 50% easy, max fill entire container, min -- described in the
summary, there are several options
c) GAI -- if it would behave like FAI this means other windows are
_hidden_, it is very easy to forget them because there is no explicit
info about them

So I am leaning (for GAI) towards another solution -- all other
windows/panes should be "minimized", i.e. get their minimal sizes,
and the rest should take the maximized window.

Or -- odd, but maybe it would be great productivity -- treat TAI as
maximized GAI. And then in TAI it would be possible to restore (even
if TAI is started as TAI).

The main point in my considerations&ideas is to avoid hidden state.

Cheers,