Switchers

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 29 23:29:40 CEST 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
>   I am 2 posts away from putting everything (?? ;->>) in the summary,
> hurray.

:-)

>   But another issue -- we talk a lot about switchers and mod key. Is
> this ok with you:
> * mod-key -- triggers primary switcher, hold down mod, and navigate,
> release to confirm, or press esc to cancel
> * any key -- triggers any auxiliary switcher, press, release,
> navigate, press enter to confirm, press esc to cancel
>
> Primary switcher can be put as auxiliary too.
>
> Your thoughts?

If the trigger is mod key plus navigation key (i.e. just mod key itself
wouldn't start switcher, so you can have other shortcuts also using mod
key), then sounds good.

IOW, like this (example based on how things work today):

mod key = alt
switch previous/next = shift-tab, tab

...so alt-tab (or alt-shift-tab) starts switcher, which stays until you
let go of alt, as above. Navigate with tab/shift-tab. /But/ you can also
have e.g. alt-f activates "File" menu; just pressing alt doesn't start
the switcher.

--
Matthew
This is not a sig. I am too lazy to steal one, perhaps you could loan me