NWI - FAI for non-root containers

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Tue Apr 28 22:34:24 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 20:38:48 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> > Questions -- what will happen minimize window (embedded)? Should
> > it shade as in Windows, or disappear? Or minimizing is not
> > allowed (only shading is possible)?
>
> Hmm, good question :-).
>
> Well the usual method is you get something like shading in the
> container. (I guess this is what you are suggesting also? So, no
> objections from me.)

Ok :-).

> I assume they are still in the task bar, however? (I don't think
> we've talked much about how, if at all, the task bar would change
> to deal with containers.) If yes, that would make the "lost
> windows" problem... not so much of a problem.

In the summary I wrote that they are listed in the list of the group
(so they are not shown directly). It is not something solidly
discussed but at the time you didn't strongly objected against
it :-) -- I am not writing this summary as fixed thing, but rather
the pieces from our discussion with highest probability of agreement.
At least there will be some point to start talking again.

Cheers,