[Kde-hci] scenarios for hig testing

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Fri Sep 8 16:11:52 CEST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 10:05, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> Hey Celeste,
>
> wonderful! 8-)
>
> On Friday 08 September 2006 15:47, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > I dont know of any KDE developers in the DC/Baltimore area,
> > but if you do please give me their contact information.
>
> A blog entry will help.

Hmm.. good point :)

> > Although truthfully, I am not going to be too picky because I am
> > recruiting from limited sources, not using a recruiting firm, and dont
> > really have the resources for substantial reimbursement.
>
> Have you asked the ev for funding? They assured we get money for testing.

Well.. I guess I could, however testing here is much more expensive that what
it would be at Relevantive.  Reimbursements usually start at $50USD and
recruiting usually costs $50USD a head on top of that.  Labs are also
expensive to rent.  Luckily my company has a portable lab which I plan to
use.  Since this is an early test I would prefer to save the money in a good
recruit and get what I can.

> > I would like some help creating scenarios.  These scenarios should focus
> > on 1) the kind of information provided by the guideline (re: the
> > guideline wireframe from my hig report), the organization and structure
> > of the guidelines section, and its integration with the other sections
> > (meta data which points them to and from sections, index, etc.).
>
> sounds good.
>
> > Do we have any stickers or mugs or anything we can use as gifts for
> > testing? Money for participants could run up a larg
>
> Hm, yeah - that's an alternative to monetary incentives. I guess you should
> send a mail to the board and the MWG including calculations for monetary
> incentives vs gifts to find out what's feasible.

Good idea

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project