kde-usability FAQ

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 15 02:30:12 CET 2006

i think there are some nice points here that would make nice additions to the
FAQ you're working on, scott ...

Subject: Re: bikeshedding by a list veteran
Date: Tuesday 14 March 2006 16:13
From: "Charles de Miramon" <cmiramon at kde-france.org>
To: "KDE Usability Project" <kde-usability at kde.org>

>> Could we create some kind of guidelines on how to make good suggestions
>> the list?
>
> yes, that can be done.
>

>From a long time (rather quiet) member of this list, my guidelines would be:

- Threads on small topics (not Kopete but Kopete chat window...)

- Developpers should start threads asking usability reviews of their
application. So we can work together when it is convenient for them.

 - Usability solutions should be doable within the actual KDE framework.

 - Therefore, spreading best practices across the project is the easiest
way to raise overall usability

 - Small steps to improve consistency between applications are important.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org