visual directions for kde

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Mar 6 12:03:46 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 15:49, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> hi aaron,
>
> after a long conversation on irc we've decided to do the following:
>
> - we'll collect the major weaknesses of kde 3.5 and make suggestions how to
> do it better, based on our usability approach
> - after discussion on the devel mailing list we try to transform those
> suggestions into something like a vision
> - and try to incorporate new, kde4-related things (for which we will need
> input from the developers)
>
> is that what you had in mind?

Since we talked a bit about what these reports might be like -- I think some
of the KOffice Design entries were quite interesting:

http://www.koffice.org/competition/gui1results.php

Not specifically because of content, but because of formatting and
presentation (I think something very similar could work for a "vision"
document for KDE.) the following really impressed me:

http://www.koffice.org/competition/gui1results/manik_chand_patnaik.pdf

(At first it looks like a really long document, but each secion is more or
less self contained and could be written by separate people.)

-Scott

--
Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe.
--Frank Zappa