KIconDialog 0.2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 09:21:23 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 00:28, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> exists in the filter bars found around MacOS X, where the clear button is a
> small round hotspot inside the text field itself (yes, i know, don't refer

having it inside the text field would be far, far better. our current
"solution" of having an ugly, noisy button hanging around outside is just
horrid IMHO.

this would probably mean providing a QLineEdit (or rather, KLineEdit) subclass
with a custom paintEvent method and an extra slot to clear the contents.
attached is a very hacky proof of concept. it steels an internal qt4 header
(very bad!), loads the icon out of the local directory (bad!) and doesn't
actually implement any of the interaction (e.g. mouse clicks, cursor changes,
signals emitted, etc), but it gives one the idea.

(extract the archive, set QTDIR to your qt4 install, run "qmake
searchline.pro; make; ./searchline)

--
Aaron J. Seigo