Shortcuts in KDE

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Jun 24 10:17:09 CEST 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 18:41, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> Do you think it would be possible to agree on this kind of standards as
> development guidelines?

The default is 'ctrl- ,' and 'ctrl .'
better remembered as 'ctrl <' and 'ctrl >'  but without the shift.
Note that in kde3 the keyboard shortcut ctrl-shift-< is impossible to
catch; some bug in Qt or X11.

This is used in konqueror, kopete and konversation.
Konsole always will have other keyboard shortcuts due to its nature, and
we should not let that bother us as its providing just a view to a
completely different UI anyway.

So; I you just missed the primary keyboard shortcuts where the different
apps have been having different secondairy shortcuts. Something you could
argue should be removed but I'm not sure thats something usability should
argue for :)
--
Thomas Zander