visual directions for kde

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Wed Feb 22 23:40:17 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 01:03 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> having the HIG in hand will help further, but even then having the
> overarching visual design goals and usability approach defined would be
> very useful.

In the course of discussing abundance of frames in konqueror [1] I came up
with a proposal to be considered for inclusion into the visual design goals.
I present a version with more carefully selected wording:

"Whenever two different colors meet, they must maintain a certain threshold of
contrast. Otherwise, the line between the two colors blurs and makes the
visual entities difficult to be perceived as separate.

If the contrast falls short of the threshold, an artificial contrast is to be
created by inserting a separator of at most 1px width and of a color
reestablishing the threshold."

I didn't specify a threshold because it has to be determined by research or
empirical studies.

mfg
	Leo

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=114063032710675&w=2