Request for usability assistance

Jacob R Rideout kde at jacobrideout.net
Mon Dec 25 18:35:24 CET 2006

Another question,

Expected behavior: if you choose "ignore all" should that correspond
to ignoring the word...

1A) in the active document (for the remainder of that programs life)
1B) in the active document (for all time)
     [may not be feasible to implement fully at the libs level]
2A) In all open documents of the program for the programs life
2B In all documents that program ever uses
3) System wide, permanently

What other information/description/cues would make it better for the
user to understand.

There usually is an "add to dictionary" option as well. (This would be 3)

For the Ignore all:

KSpell2 uses 2B.

The last time I used MS Word it used 1A, OO.org does too.

Thanks, Jacob