Results of the QA meeting - Automated HIG tests

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 19:31:50 CET 2005

On Monday 12 December 2005 02:44, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> But there was one question we spent quite some time thinking about: How
> do we make the developers have a look at the results?

i think the plan you outline is a good start. it gives people something to
actually look at and track.

but nothing will replace actually writing the fixes and bugging the individual
app maintainers about the problems. something i used to do quite a bit of
(and still do from time to time) was hopping from app to app and just fixing
issues that the maintainers wouldn't or didn't. IOW, i think that at least
for the apps in our repository it would be great to have a few developers who
just took care of fixing HIG issues.

it's not as boring as it sounds because the results are immediately visible
and people notice them. (for better or worse ;)

emailing app maintainers is also a good mechanism, but the results are limited
by their time available (they have functional bugs and features to also take
care of) and interest.

--
Aaron J. Seigo