hig work

seele@obso1337.org seele at obso1337.org
Mon Aug 1 15:22:31 CEST 2005

>> we can bring this up for discussion again if you think its necessary,
>> or we can just eliminate the radio buttons without having to fight with
>> anyone and let them deal with the loss.
>
> Naturally; without agreement from the developers the proposed changes will
> not actually happen.
> I'm quite convinced any attempt to remove the radio buttons from menus
> will fail.

hum, we cant seem to agree if radio buttons have a place on the toolbar or
not

here is what i think:

* with strict adherance to guidlines, radio buttons can be made usable to
an extent...

* however, would using a [drop/pull]down menu be _more_ usable (as some of
us feel?)

if a drop-down menu is a more usable option, then we shouldnt promote
using radio buttons in toolbars.  regardless if the way some radio buttons
are being used are ok, if a dropdown means itll be more usable then it
should be changed.

the guidelines are just guidelines, we cant enforce voluntary
participation.  but if we suggest not using radio buttons, then developers
have the choice to follow the guidelines or not.