[kde-promo] Proper Release Notes for 4.11?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 7 21:50:28 UTC 2013

El Diumenge, 7 de juliol de 2013, a les 17:51:30, Markus va escriure:
> http://community.kde.org/index.php?title=KDE_SC/4.11_Release_Notes&action=hi
> story shows exactly zero contributions from others. Despite the positive
> feedback there is no will to actually help me. Therefore I see no point in
> pursuing it any further and waste my time...

Reality check:
 * [As far as I know] There's noone even working on the announcement, IMHO the
Release Notes are less important than the Annoucement
 * Who are you expecting to fill the Release Notes? Users? Users don't have
the knowledge to write this, so I guess Developers is what you were expecting.
I am not sure how many Developers read this list, probably not many, and even
if they do, they prefer to write code than to write wiki stuff, so you have to
gently push them to do it.

Also, I've read what you added and

"
In any case we advise to backup your data and configuration files (usually in
~/.kde) before an upgrade.
"
Really? Why? As far as I know we don't have any destructive operation, yes,
you should backup ~/.kde as you should backup your photos, but I am not sure
~/.kde is more important than my photos.

"
Nepomuk will consume an unusual amount of compunting performance
"
Have you checked with the developers? This seems like a bug to me.

Doing Release Notes is *not* easy and it won't happen unless someone pushes
for it to happen. That someone seems to be *you*, so if you want it to happen
start sending mails to developers and prodding them to write Release Notes and
verify that the ones you've already written make sense, because otherwise it's
not going to magically happen.

Sorry if I've been blunt.

Cheers,
  Albert