Testing RC2 changes. Was Re: Another RC?, was: Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jan 1 15:25:46 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, January 01, 2013 01:38:33 PM David Edmundson wrote:
> What I think to we do need to do is come up with a wiki page on how to
> thoroughly test these two areas. I want a full test checklist for the
> two areas that have changed, and then get a few people to go through
> them testing them thoroughly. Something like our plasma tests [1].
>
> I've made two new pages:
> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/DolphinInformation
> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/PIMFeeders

What I'd really appreciate on pages like that is just a teensy bit of tester
and/or developer information so that you can actually quickly get those bits
of software to test. Tester information would be "If you use an OS/Distro that
has KDE 4.10RC2 packages already, get them from <somewhere on
download.kde.org> and install the <wherever dolphin lives> package." Developer
information would be "Get the git-repo <such and such> and build the
<whatever, possibly master> branch".

Maybe I'm just missing a bunch of kde-testing background information here.

[ade]